Chula Vista Centennial Snapshot: Chula Vista Heritage Museum Launches Historic Photo Exhibit Commemorating City's 100th BirthdayWednesday, June 01, 2011
Celebrating the city of Chula Vista’s Centennial year of 2011, the Chula Vista Heritage Museum will open at new photography exhibit documenting the southern California city’s 100-year history on Thursday, June 16 from 5p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Titled Glimpses of History: Celebrating 100 years of Chula Vista, historic photos will illustrate the city’s growth from its agricultural start as the Lemon Capital of the World to San Diego County’s second largest municipality.
In addition to vintage and memorable photography, opening night will feature five decades of music from the early 1900s, as well as hors d’evours and refreshments in the museums garden.
- Holiday Sales of Award Winning Book to Benefit Chula Vista Charitable Foundation
- Chula Vista History Book Wins Three National Book Awards
- Chula Vista Centennial Book Wins 2012 San Diego Book Award
- Families and Music Enthusiasts Invited to Second Annual Parade Band Review and Festival at Chula Vista’s Otay Ranch Town Center on Saturday, Nov. 12
- Chula Vista Centennial Celebration: An Invitation to City's 100th Birthday Bash on Saturday, Oct. 15
Chula Vista Centennial Favorites
Chula Vista 100 Fans
Official Centennial Flyer
Chula Vista Centennial Office
The Chula Vista Centennial Office is now closed.
For more information contact:
Chula Vista Centennial
% Mayor's Office
276 Fourth Avenue
Chula Vista, CA 91910